Jewellery can be costly and has special meaning for many people.
It’s important to take care of your jewellery to ensure it looks its best always.
Whether you are trying to clean a diamond ring, a pearl necklace or a silver bracelet, these tips should help you look after your jewellery with care.
- If you’re involved in any activity which could scratch, knock or damage your jewellery then take it off! If in any doubt, take it off and keep it safe.
- Take it off when you go to bed.
- Keep it well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- Bathe and apply any lotions or perfumes before you put your jewellery on. Organic gemstones like pearls and opals are particularly vulnerable to acids, even perspiration.
- Store it separately, ideally in a soft-lined box or case, so that your favourite pieces don’t tangle, rub or scratch one another. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Make sure chains and necklaces are fastened when storing to avoid tangling.
- Remove jewellery while cooking and cleaning.
- When storing jewellery, please keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions.
Shop our range of jewellery care supplies here.